Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Loved Paris in the Spring

Earlier this week, Susan Blake, of une femme d'un certain âge, posted Snippets of Paris, featuring images captured during her recent visit to the City of Light. 

I spent some time in Paris this May, and am still uploading my photos. Here are a few fashion-related shots from that magical trip.

By the The Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoil. Photo by my travel buddy, Janice.

This was one of my go-to outfits on the trip. The early May weather was cool, so my J.Crew jacket was a godsend. The pockets were deep and snapped shut, a convenient place to stash my phone (with my anti-theft cross-body bag firmly blocking access) when I wasn't holding it. Scarves are practically de rigueur in Paris, sported by men, women, even children. Chic and practical on breezy days. I wore my black jeans and black ankle boots often, with either a short- or long-sleeved top underneath, depending on the weather. Plenty of room for a sweater as well, if needed.

[Note: I was neither gifted, nor compensated for, these items. Drat!] 

The scarf I'm wearing by the Arc is from my closet at home. 

 
Photo by the author.


The following two scarves were purchased in Paris (the Eiffel Tower was visible from our hotel room. I had to commemorate that! Plus, I don't have many accessories in that rich golden brown color), and Giverny: Monet - Impressionism - Water Lilies! respectively.

 
Photo by the author.



Scarves were everywhere!

Photo by the author.

 Couples scarves

Photo by the author.


I did the tourist thing and bought berets for family members. Although it was spring, I did manage to spot a beret-wearer in the wild.  


Photo by the author.

These interesting shoe accessories made for a colorful store display


Photo by the author.

But my vote for Most Original Fashionista goes to this young lady. If you look closely, you'll see that one of her shoulder bags is made from a single long, white glove. 

Photo by the author.


Ah, Paris! I hope it won't be another 50 years until I visit you again.



“A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.”
 – Thomas Jefferson.


No comments:

Post a Comment